The most disrupting/buzzing word/term/happening of the year 2017 & the list (listed by Prabeen)
- “disrupt” – the “most buzzing word/term/prefix in the world of technology & everywhere” of the year 2017 & pre-: (my diagram incomplete).
2. BitCoin – the sensational rise & rise & the invitation to scrutiny thereby ->volatility. Most buzzing thing and controversial thing of late.
3. AI – Artificial Intelligence:
The most common revolutionary disruptive word/phrase & happening / reality in the world throughout not just technology.
4. 4th (Fourth) Industrial Revolution.
Yes it’s happening already & AI is just a part of it.
5. VR – Virtual Reality
6. AR – Augmented Reality
Let’s bit go one level details in broader category wise:
#disrupt / disrupts / disruption / disruptive
- disrupting technology / idea…
- disruptive innovation
- disrupting policy
- digital disruption
As stated, the most common revolutionary disruptive word/phrase & happening / reality in the world not just technology:
- (2) AI Artificial Intelligence
(& related pre- happening – underneath & along-with:
2.3 Big Data + 2.1 Machine Learning + 2.2 Analytics)
#AI, (apart from (4) mobile), my personal point of view, I was very sure & had visualized; & also responded to my uncle way back in the year 2008 when he asked what’s the next big thing or future of technology;
& future of IT / jobs: IT market far from being saturated. Gov-based lots of opportunities. There would be job losses but also new paradigm shift & opportunities from time to time.
4. Virtual Assistant (related to AI)
5. Mobile – Mobility. Mobile Platform (always buzzing and so common that buzzing is not even a word).
6. Touch (Touchable User Interface) . Self-explanatory.
7. Speech Recognition (again self-suficient)
8. Facial Recognition (LG used it, but Apple / iPhone hyped it and justified it)
9. Connected: connected network. connected world. connected things.
10. #IoT (under / related to 9) – Internet of Things (carries over from past year)
11. BlockChain (financial transactions / logs / institutions)
12. CryptoCurrency (under/related to 11) – Most / Top controversial technology thing.
13. (3) BitCoin (under/related to category 8! but actually at #2or 3.) (- the sensational rise & rise & the invitation to scrutiny thereby ->volatility. Most buzzing thing of late. It’s not just bit of a coin! Very complex and complicated and energy-sapping. Most / No.1 controversial technology thing + term especially of late.
Yes, all these years, even I’ve been a silent spectator as many. Never knew how to invest nor have the resources/money to invest.
Most underestimated or under-/not-hyped but used and really effective/relating word/term/thing: “unified“.
14. #unified: unified stack, unified architecture => unified connected world
Happening in the background not very hyped or vocal:
15. OpenBank project. (Financials+Credit/Loans. Transactions. Logs. History. Eligibility)
16. Trend in Collaboration (actually one top thing).
17. Architecture: Open.x Open Architecture
Obvious & common use:
19. Machines / Robots
(1) human at the centre (center)/core of it all.
These will continue for the next year as well. More are there but let me stop here for the time-being.
Prabeen Kumar Pati